February 10, 2013

when your phone rings...

This week I started my new job at a call center.

I get to call people and take surveys! How exciting is that?!

Here are a few things that I learned...

-people are mean when they can't see your face.
-if you call during dinner and they answer the phone they get mad at you... excuse me, but why did you  answer your phone in the first place?
-old man + southern accent = asking them to repeat what they said a lot.
-if you have a smile on your face, your voice sounds different.
-people that take the 20+ minute surveys (YES I SAID 20 MINUTES!) are saints and they should be showered with cookies and love.

If someone calls you and asks you to take a survey for them, say yes- or very KINDLY say no. I would choose the latter... because honestly, a 20+ minute survey? Ain't nobody got time for 'dat!


I have a job, and for that I am grateful! 


No comments:

Post a Comment