January 29, 2013

Pros/Cons


I'll be the first to admit that I was NOT excited to come up to BYU-Idaho. I had heard so many bad things about it: 

it's BYU-I do!
it's BYU- I didn't get into provo.
you can't wear skinny jeans or even shorts!
you only go there if you want to get married.
etc...

I feel like most of the people that read this blog are still in high school and in the process of deciding what college to go to. I thought that maybe, before you put BYUI out of your list forever, you should know the truth about it. 

Cons::
-It is FREEZING!!!!! I thought I would be used to it but no... I don't think I'll ever get warm. But it is just winter so we'll have to wait until spring. I hear it gets really beautiful in the spring, so I'm excited for it to warm up!
-Your nose hairs freeze. It's a very uncomfortable feeling.
-Just embrace the fact that you will fall on ice at one point or another, and if you are like me it might be multiple times in the same day.
-There really isn't a lot to do at 10-midnight.
-Yes there are a few molly mormons ( i guess that would go as either a pro or con)
-The entire campus is on a hill and if you live at the bottom of the hill, like I do, it is a long hike up it to classes.

Pros::
-You can wear skinny jeans, you have heard wrong. So no worries.
-You get to go on a lot of dates!
-You feel the spirit EVERYWHERE! I'll be honestly, I wasn't excited to go to a school where you pray at the start of every class, and that they tie the gospel into every aspect of what you are learning. I thought it would be annoying. But boy was I wrong! Like today for example... I felt this over powering feeling come over me while I was in science class! Let me repeat, SCIENCE CLASS!! 
I am actually excited to go to class and see what the Spirit has to teach me.
-Everyone is genuinely kind. If you have a question you can literally ask anyone and they will stop whatever they are doing and help you. 
-You make new friends so quickly. As long as you put yourself out there and be yourself, you are bound to make friends.
-Since it is such a small town college students are everywhere, so no matter where you go, you will have a good time.
-Your teachers really care about you. They are there to help you succeed. If you have a question they don't make you feel stupid about it. And my favorite part... They understand that you want a life outside of class. They give you homework but it is all completely doable. 
-It truly is the Lord's university. I feel it everywhere I go and I feel happy all the time just knowing that fact. 


Pres. Clark said that if you like feeling the Spirit, BYU-Idaho is the place for you. And he wasn't kidding.

I hate to admit it... but I was completely wrong about this place. I am SO happy I chose to come here and I can't wait for the years to come up in my cute little home of Rexburg.

















xoxo

4 comments:

  1. hahah byu idaho huh?
    i haven't heard those sayings before but hey, its true at byu provo too! my freshman roommate got engaged in 2 weeks. bahaha hows that for a stereotype.
    i wasn't excited byu either but hey, it wasn't so bad. met some awesome people and i'll be graduating in april so all is well :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha there are probably those stereotypes everywhere! It all works out in the end :) Congrats on graduating!

      Delete
  2. you are so cute, I love your glasses & your blog.

    ReplyDelete